Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A needed refreshment

This is short, I promise. Just a little experience today...do you ever feel like you know something but you almost know it so well it kind of loses its meaning to you, because well you know it? I know it's confusing, but just today something hit me, just listening to others speak very simple things that I already know. And although I already know this, all of sudden it just hit me like a wave; it shocked me. And I was sitting in the bus, I was reflecting on things, and one of the most beautiful realizations about the Lord became real to me once again as a result of the speaking I had heard before. It was so refreshing. It was like with school I've been in a desert (dusty and dry as the song says), and all of sudden a pool of fresh, cool water was dumped on me. It was beautiful. Anyways, this week I have been reminded of the simplicity and purity we must have toward the Lord. Let us be like little children who love the Lord in simplicity and humbleness. The Lord doesn't complicate Himself at all, so why should we?

No comments: