I've been through about a thousand different emotions today...from very happy and completely overwhelmed (in a very positive way), to very upset and sad and lost and confused and overwhelmed (in a very negative way). Is that normal?
I feel like Peter. One moment He was on top of the world and the next he let his emotions take hold of him in a negative way. Once again, I find Peter is a great example for us; the Lord was very wise in allowing the records of Peter that we have today in the Bible to be preserved. I'm just comforted knowing that even though Peter was always up and down, he had a heart for repentance and a heart to come to the Lord no matter how how he felt. This is my experience today: no matter how I feel, in joy or in sorrow, I must always turn my whole being to God, who is faithful to carry me through and really comfort me in sadness or rejoice with me in gladness. The Lord sympathizes with us in whatever circumstance when we come and tell Him of our feelings, troubles, temptations, joys, anything really. He will rejoice when we rejoice and He will weep when we weep. This is why He's so wonderful. He's not judgmental whatsoever, He is loving and kind and faithful and He truly is willing to listen to us for as long as we like. The Lord really cares for our feelings; He wants us to remember Him as our friend.
In the wise words of Watchman Nee: "Our Lord is happy to listen to our sorrows, and He is happy to listen to our joys. He is the Lord to whom we can tell everything. Since we have such a Lord, why not tell Him all the secrets of our hearts?" [From: "Tell Him" by Watchman Nee]
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment