Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Step Forward at the Time

Life has a funny way of flipping on people, always arriving at the least excepted outcome. People's feelings change irrationally and suddenly without the slightest warning; situations you would expect never to happen to you happen to you; you end up befriending the most unexpected people in the most unexpected ways; the one time you think "there is no way I could be wrong about this" guess what? you are; and finally, when you feel like your feelings about something or someone could never change they do, whether it be in a positive or negative way it doesn't matter, the point is they do. So many things change...making flexibility so important. We don't want to be bent in an unexpected way and be broken as a result.

There are so many curve balls thrown at us in life there is no way to catch them all, but at least we can watch where they fall and be ready to run and to get them, and finish the game. (a little analogy, hope it makes sense.) So flexibility and openness is key, as well as never forgetting that we can never know everything; for every person that is wise, there is always someone that knows more and is wiser than them. Furthermore, there are somethings that can't be avoided, so there is no sense in beating yourself up over something that you would have changed had you known something in the past. Instead, use what you now know to change your present and future now that you have the opportunity, redeeming the time and pressing toward the goal. Mistakes are normal; it's a must for learning. The key is actually learning from them, and even having the wisdom to learn from others'.

In conclusion, I may not know what lies ahead of me, how I feel or see things now may be completely different from how I will see them tomorrow; regardless, I cannot step back, only forward, taking up boldness and courage as I move on toward the goal. Maybe I'll fall and make a mistake, I may even come to regret it, but if I don't take that step forward I'll never know what treasure the Lord may have hidden ahead for me to find in the journey.

"Therefore do not cast away your boldness in which there is great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God you may receive the promise."
Hebrews 10: 35-36

I want to receive the promise.

No comments: